Get To Know Each Other Meeting
After your initial 15-minute phone call with us, we like to call your first appointment our "Get To Know Each Other Meeting." It's a great way for us to get to know you on a personal level and vice versa.
The purpose of this meeting is to get perfectly clear on your financial goals and concerns.
Our conversation during this meeting, along with the documents you provide, will guide our analysis and result in answers to the three critical questions: 1.) Are you on track to reach your long-term goals (e.g. retirement, or work-optional)? 2.) Are there areas in your financial life where money can be saved i.e. taxes and investments 3.) How can your investments be improved?
In preparation, we ask that you fill out the following and get back to us prior to your first appointment:
We also ask that you upload the following documents at least three days prior to the meeting (you will receive an email from us where you can securely upload these documents:
- Retirement Plan Statements (i.e. IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457,etc.)
- All Other Investment Account Statements
- Last Two Years Tax Returns
- Social Security Statements (If needed, go here to locate and download: Social Security Site)
- Also, please be sure to review our 5 Getting to Know Each Other Questions that we will cover in our meeting
Here is a Quick Overview of Our Agenda:
- Your current situation, where you are at and what you are wanting to accomplish
- My background, philosophy and what we believe in
- How we get paid
- Our financial planning process
- What we do for you
- Review documents that you sent in
- Go over everything that is included in your free financial assessment
- Answer all of questions
- Go over next steps
Organize Your Finances with the 360 Financial Dashboard
Check out this video to learn how our Financial Dashboard can organize all your accounts into a single login. While it may not be the coolest thing since sliced bread, it's pretty close.
At the conclusion of our meeting, we will have an understanding of our current situation, goals and wishes. From there, we will review everything you told us in our meeting along with everything you provided to us to give the answers to these critical questions:
- At your age, are you currently where you should be for your financial and retirement goals?
- Are there areas in your financial life where we can save you money i.e. investment fees, taxes, insurance, etc.?
- Are you in the right investments and how can they be improved?
Once our analysis is complete, we will have our next meeting to go over the results. We’ll show you exactly where you’re at along with what changes you may need to make in order to reach your financial goals.
When we’re finished, you’ll have a very good idea if we’re the right firm for you or if you need a little more time to think it over. I can 100% say there will be absolutely no pressure to make a decision or to persuade to work with us in any way.
You can take as much time as you need but we’ll typically follow up in a week or so to answer additional questions or schedule a follow-up meeting. All that we do ask is you let us know one way or the other.
And that's it! At the very least you'll be walking away with a free financial assessment that will really shed some light on your overall financial picture, where you stand, and some tips on what you should be doing.